Summer Wedding

Last June we attended my (now officially) siblings-in-law wedding. To be more specific, it was my husband's sister wedding. So big event, and great chance for putting an outfit together.
From the beginning, I wanted something yellow. It was probably the worst colour I could have chosen. It was impossible to find something that I liked and that it was not too acid for my skin tone.
I then opened my span and just looked for something that I liked, no matter the colour. I liked some, but I did not love them. I then put my eye on this:

El pasado Junio fuimos a la boda de mis cuñados. Concretamente la boda de la hermana de mi marido. El bodón, y la oportunidad perfecta para crear un look a la altura.
Desde el principio, quise algo amarillo. Probablemente el peor color que podría haber elegido. Fue absolutamente imposible encontrar algo que me gustara y que no fuese demasiado ácido para mi piel.
Decidí abrir el abanico de posibilidades y buscar algo que me gustase, fuera el color que fuera. Me gustaba alguno, pero no me encantaba. Hasta que me topé con esto:



I first loved the forest green, but there was a protocol problem. So I thought maybe the mint is a really good option. And even better for summer.
I ordered it from The Pretty Dress Company. I was so excited. When it arrived, I tried it on and everything changed. Firstly, I would need a size more, because it was extremely small according to the measurements. And second and decisive, it was too thick for a summer wedding. The print was beautiful, the structure is great, and the fabric is really good quality.
I decided not to go for this dress, for its thickness and sleeve. It is really hot here in summer and I didn't want to be a sweaty beauty that day.
Out of desperation, I went to a couple of dressmakers to see the options and the possible price. I went to the same place where I got my own wedding dress made, and they showed me some fabrics which made my original idea of yellow possible again. This was around February, so I was supossed to go back on March/April to get it made.
I kept looking aroud in every shop I found, just in case. For the Easter break I went to Zaragoza to visit my mom and family and we decided to take a chance there as well. And I found it.

Me enamoré del verde oscuro, pero había conflicto de protocolo. Y pensé que el menta también era buena opción, sobretodo para verano.
Lo pedí de The Pretty Dress Company. Estaba super emocionada. Pero cuando llegó, todo cambió. Para empezar, no era mi talla, era muy pequeño  incluso habiendo comprobado las medidas. Y segundo y definitivo, era demasiado grueso para una boda en verano (y en Alicante). El estampado era precioso, la estructura genial y la tela era de buena calidad.
Decidí descartarlo por el grosor y las mangas. No quería pasar el día cocida.
Rozando la desesperación, fui a un par de modistas para ver posibilidades y precio. Fui al mismo sitio donde me hice mi vestido de novia, y me enseñaron varias telas que podían hacer posible mi idea original del amarillo. Este fue por febrero más o menos, así que tenía hasta marzo o abril para empezar a hacérmelo.
Seguí mirando en cada tienda que encontraba, por si acaso. Para semana Santa fui a Zaragoza a ver a mi madre y nos fuimos de búsqueda. Y lo encontré.  



I would have never chosen such a pale colour for myself, but my mom insisted that I tried it on. Listen to your mothers. So this dress had several great things:
  • It was pink and pale, so completely out of my expectations.
  • It had turquoise on it, which I love.
  • The neckline was absolutely beautiful.
  • It had volume so I didn't need a petticoat.
  • It had support so I didn't need a bra. It is the first time in my life I go out without a bra.
Once I got the dress, the accesories kept on coming one after the other.
I went in search for shoes. I cannot stand heels, and the world doesn't understand that, so I never know what to expect when I need to buy shoes for special ocassions. There was some variety but the majority was patent-leather or suede/velvety. I then found some acceptable heel in a lovely colour.

Nunca se me habría ocurrido elegir un color tan pálido, pero mi madre insistió en que me lo probara.
Haced caso a vuestras madres. El vestido tenía varios detalles geniales:
  • Era rosa y pálido, todo fuera de mis expectativas.
  • Tenía detalles en turquesa, que me encanta.
  • El escote es precioso.
  • Tenía volumen de por sí, así que no necesitaba cancan.
  • Tenía refuerzo en el pecho. Ha sido la primera vez en mi vida que he salido a la calle sin sujetador.
Una vez que tuve el vestido, los accesorios fueron llegando uno detrás del otro.
Fui en busca de zapatos. No todo el mundo puede llevar tacones, y es algo que el mundo no entiende, así que nunca se qué esperar cuando necesito comprar zapatos de fiesta.
Había algo de variedad, pero la mayoría eran de charol o de ante. Pero encontré este par con tacón aceptable y el color perfecto.





I was really lucky with the handbag. My aunt (and godmother) came to visit in April and surprised me with this present.

Tuve suerte con el bolso. Mi madrina vino a verme en Abril y me sorprendió con este regalo.

Clutch ovalado de papel con trenzado plata y dorado Abbacino Moda NAIHWE_1

Another colour option I wouldn't have picked myself. I would have probably gone for turquoise. But this is pretty neutral and it works. And also the dress has some taupe details, so it was perfect.
While visiting Madrid, I entered one jewelry shop just to take a look. And I found this.

Otra opción de color que nunca habría elegido yo sola. Probablemtne me habría ido al turquesa, pero es bastante neutral y quedaba bien. Y el vestido también tiene detalles en topo, así que perfecto.
Estando en Madrid, entré en una joyería para echar un vistazo. Y encontré esto.

tqXWgGsamY_746643770_1

When you find the perfect thing, just stop looking.
So the basics were done. Now I just had to figure out what the hell to do with my hair. I didn't want to risk it to doing it myself. So my mum and I went to a friend's salon. And she took my fine, shitty, one-inch-below-the-ear long hair and made this.

Cuando encuentras la opción perfecta, dejas de buscar.
Ya tenía los básicos. Ahora sólo tenía que saber que puñetas hacerme en el pelo. No quería arriesgarme a hacérmelo yo. Así que mi madre y yo fuimos a la peluquería de una amiga. Y cogió mi pelo fino, mierdoso y dos dedos por debajo de la oreja e hizo esto.




I danced, it rained, and it stayed intact till I got home.
As it usually happens (to me at least), I didn't take enough photos, or proper ones, as we were more focused on being on time or having fun. But here you have the best I have been able to recollect.

Bailé, llovió, y siguió intacto hasta que llegué a casa.
Como suele pasar, no hice suficientes fotos, o no las adecuadas, porque estábamos más preocupados de llegar a tiempo y de pasarlo bien. Pero aquí tenéis lo mejor que he podido recolectar.


Boda-13305

2018-06-09 13.53.40

Boda-14952 Boda-15558   2018-06-09 15.48.36 Boda-15455
   
IMG-20180610-WA0076



Photographer: Javier Berenguer
Dress: Pilita (Zaragoza, Spain)
Shoes: Ángel Alarcón
Stockings: What Katie Did
Clutch: Abbacino
Hairpiece: Zumay Tocados y Tiaras
Earrings: Bijou Brigitte
Hair & Makeup: Peluquería Pilar Francés
Sunglasses: Primark
Husband's Blazer: El Ganso
Brother's suit: Mango
Men's grooming: Oh Lord Barbershop

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Cine Familiar

Tenéis tres opciones. Correr, Esconderos... o esperar al Lunes!!!

Paytrix, o la Princesa Chicle de Fresa