Books I read in 2011

It's the first time I write about the books I read, and curiously 2011 has been the year with less reading-activity since I started reading for pleasure again.
But here I go.

Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go 

I watched the trailer for the film (I must say, this happens to me very often) and I got very interested in it. And I liked the book, though I should say I found it veeeery slow.
I want to think that it is necessary for the story, the passing of time mixed with the inevitable fate of the children... it kepps them and you, waiting.

The film, by the way, it's awful. It's a good portrait of the story, but it's like a bad summary of the book.


Kathryn Stockett's The Help

I heard about this book from my University colleagues (this happens to me too) and I started to read it almost immediately. And it totally got me, I couldn't stop. I love the story and the different voices in it. Read it, please.

The film is great too.
 

H. P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu

Years and years talking about Cthulhu and making jokes about it, and I hadn't read anything actually. So I did. And I plan to read more.

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere

Gaiman is the guilty of my renewed love for reading. I bought a book for my boyfriend and I read it at Stansted Airport because I missed the flight and had to wait to the next one. And since then (January 2008) I've been reading books and graphic novels almost non-stop.
This book in particular is good. I remember myself being in London this summer, and suddenly I saw a rat running through the tracks o the undergroud. And that made me smile. I am that weird.


That's all I have read in 2011. I do not deserve your love.

And for those of you who have GoodReads, add me if you want.

 Patricia's bookshelf: currently-reading

El hobbit
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading
The Return of the King
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading
Norwegian Wood
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading




goodreads.com

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Cine Familiar

Tenéis tres opciones. Correr, Esconderos... o esperar al Lunes!!!

Los Pájaros