Cine Familiar

Here you have a list of movies that I have seen thanks to (or because of) my father, be it for insistence, suggestion or mere chance.

Jesus Christ Superstar



He went to the cinema 13 times. I didn't have that pleasure, but my brother and I have watched it several hundreds of times, and it has turned out to be a part of my life more important than I would have expected.

The Fiddler on the Roof



Another one of his favourites, watched ad nauseam (but without nausea). I was lucky to have a father (and a mother) open to every genre and with a special predilection for musicals. He recited the intro of 'Tradition' by heart, in Spanish and in English, with an enviable Yiddish.

Oliver!



I forgot this one the first time. Thanks to my brother for pointing it out. Music and Dickens!

Blade Runner




"Hay un antes y un después de Blade Runner".
Curiously enough, I've only watched it twice or so.


Queen of Africa



Adorable (which is beautiful + funny).

Dead Poets Club



Thus began the tradition of showing us the end... and then the whole movie. As he did with the next one.


Schindler's List



Four violins are able to give me goosebumps: the one above (Isaac Stern), my cousin's, the Rohan part in LOTR, and this.

The Matchmaker



One of those things he found on Canal+... funny.

Love Actually



Another "romantic comedy" as the previous one, if you want to call it like that. But I never get tired of it.


Well, there are obviously more, but these are the most significant ones, for me at least.
I don't know if this is healthy for me (I still cannot watch or listen to the first two without shedding some tears) but I think it is important to acknowledge my background. Do you think is a good one?

Comentarios

Bonitta ha dicho que…
such a good selection. I cry just listening to the music of Schindler's List.

Entradas populares de este blog

Tenéis tres opciones. Correr, Esconderos... o esperar al Lunes!!!

Los Pájaros